Sunday, May 17, 2026

April 2026

He is Risen! Thankful for Jesus who died on the cross and rose three days later. We went to the Saturday night service as a family. The kids and I were going to serve on Sunday and we wanted to hear the message together. 

We died eggs and made a bunny cake. The kids had a lot of fun making the eggs, but the next day we took them out and smashed them with a baseball bat.

Brinley with her bunny pancake and goodie basket.

Landon with his goodie basket and bunny pancake too. 

I wear this cross necklace everyday - it is a reminder of what Jesus did on the cross for me. I had a three year old kid at work ask me why I wore it. It was a great way for me to tell them that I love Jesus. It was a cute little interaction, but a simple reminder that not everyone knows Jesus - we need to tell everyone we can about our Savior. 

The NCAA Championship had a dunk in the game. If that happened then Wendy's gave everyone in America a free frosty and fries. Landon and I picked ours up on the way home.

Finished another puzzle - a 1,000 piece Captain America. 

They had a guy come take pictures of Brinley's team. Some good pictures of Brinley playing in  a JV game. She has become well known for her batting glove that never comes off her hand. It has actually made a couple people sick from how awful it smells. 

Brinley had a visitor come watch her play - little Nora!

The kids had off for Spring Break but we couldn't go anywhere because Jennifer didn't have enough time saved at her new job. The kids spent one day with Nora and Theo. Both kids were brave enough to hold little Theo. Won't be too much longer until Theo is as big as Landon. 

We all drove up to Columbus to surprise Grandma for her birthday. She had no idea. We had a little party at the local library. Aunt Angelina, Bob, and Crystal were able to come down and celebrate with us. 

Out in the parking lot the kids found three 4-leafed clovers. I'm not sure I have ever found one. 

Another game against a former teammate - Isla. Isla pitched against Brinley and struck her out once, but Brinley got a hit to center-field her next time up. 


A new restaurant opened up near us. I have a friend who is one of the managers. They had a soft opening that you could sign up to come try them out. Crazy part is that everything was free. You could order anything you wanted. It was pretty good food. I think we will be back. 

We headed downtown to see the start of DanceBlue. I did not have intentions of staying the night, but Brinley had other plans. She wanted to redeem herself from stopping after 12 hours last year. Staying awake, not sitting for 24 hours was rough. Brinley and I had a lot of fun getting to know and hang out with the DanceBlue committee members. They raised a record breaking $2,463,650.24. I am always impressed with what these kids do.

Brinley with the check from her school. This was actually the previous years donation because they had to reschedule their actual mini marathon this year until after the main one. 

Brinley and I sitting down on the floor of Rupp Arena after 24 hours. All I really wanted to do was go to bed. We got home and ate dinner. Brinley fell asleep on the drive home and then again in her floor after getting out of the shower. She went to school the next day for a presentation and then called her mother to come home. I was the first one in the clinic after my co-workers questioned if I was coming to work.

One last picture of us before getting in the car to go home. Jennifer made Landon ride with me so that he could keep me awake.

I came home to a construction site in my living room. Jennifer had a saw out and was cutting up some old wood frame for a bunk bed. I finally decided to help out, but I wasn't too happy about it. 

This book was a good one. I read through this one quick. Would recommend it. It talks about how we fail to remember the third part of the Holy Trinity - the Holy Spirit. 

No comments: